Thursday, April 14, 2016

WARNING: DO NOT JUMP INTO RELATIONSHIPS!!

Hey peoples! lol, ok I know I've been MIA for a while now and it's because of school. I've been soooo busy it's ridiculous. I tried to post over my Spring Break but I was even busier when I got home for Spring Break. So during that short hiatus I took a lot has happened in my life. Ok let me inform you guys of what's been happening so far:

1. I got a job! Finally! Baba God is soo good to me! Let us praise and glorify his name!
2. I became really preoccupied with an upcoming music group (watch out for links to download their song and please help in supporting their music)
3. I turned +1 (I thank God for adding another year to my life woahhh!)
4. I entered another relationship (that's a long story and what I'm going to be sharing with you all)


So at the ending of February I met this guy (how we met is irrelevant) and he was ok when I first met him. He was Cameroonian and I was excited to meet my African brother that was close to me (there are roughly about 3 other Africans that go to this school, but they don't do much). We started talking and he kept talking about love and dating. I wasn't really feeling the whole dating thing, I just wanted to be friends with him. But he kept insisting that he "loves me", he would send me long good morning text messages, called me throughout the day to "check on me". He introduced me to his friends and he seemed like he really cared about me (this all occurred within a week of me knowing him). Now I wasn't feeling this same "love" for him that he was feeling for me. But I decided to give him a chance and see where it goes.

He lived in the neighboring state, but his school was on the border of my state and his so it was only a 38 mins drive to get to his school. I drove 38 mins almost everyday to see him because he was always asking me to come and see him. This dude promised me Heaven and earth. He was going to do "this" and "that" and he was going to treat me like "the Queen I am". Lol, that's what he said. During Spring Break I was on Skype with him 24/7. If I wasn't on Skype it was Imo if not Imo then on phone call. He always wanted my attention. And I always gave it willingly. I introduced him to my Mum, sister, friend and aunty. Everyone seemed to like him. ( this was three weeks into our relationship)

During break though, I noticed a change in him. He would get mad so easily. I couldn't been on the phone, Skype or Imo with him all the time, I have a life too. I spent more time on my phone with him than with my family over that break. One day I went to my aunty's house because she was supposed to braid my hair that day, I told him the day before and that morning that I was going to do my hair. The guy kept calling me like I owed him money while my aunty was braiding my hair. Eventually, I excused myself and went outside to call him back. I told him that I was braiding my hair and he started screaming at me, cussing at me, calling me all sorts of names and making me feel like dirt on the bottom of his shoe. I started crying because I was already in pain from the hair braiding along with the many insults he rained on me. I went back inside, but cleaned my eyes so my aunty won't ask me what happened. He then called me two mins after I went inside and said "I love you". I said "I know" and he hung up.

Also during Spring Break he told me he was going to Kentucky to visit his cousin, I was worried for his safe journey all night because he was driving himself there. He reaches Kentucky and never told me. I found out from Snapchat that he touched down in Kentucky and he was partying. I called him early in the morning and asked him why he didn't notify me of his arrival. He gave me some flimsy excuse of how he was so tired and it slipped his mind and all that. He was tired? But he was PARTYING?! Smh. Also throughout my break at home, he kept calling me names like "fat" or kept ranting about how I need to lose weight. Everything I did annoyed him. The way I talked, the way I ate, what I wore, he never even complimented my new hairstyle. He just kept talking about how my old hairstyle was dirty and how he's happy I took it out.

I was very confused on why the sudden change. But I thought to myself "maybe it's the distance". I returned back to school excited to see him. He was so different from before. His attitude completely changed. He was so quick to insult me. He would insult the music I listened to, my body, how I looked, what I wore, my shyness (I'm very shy towards ppl when I first meet them). He even went as far as insulting my religion (I'm Catholic and I keep the miraculous medal in my car and he basically called my medal useless, he looked at my medal like it was the plague and refused to touch it). He would often complain about how I was too short and fat. When I wanted to eat something he would say "I don't think you should be eating that" or "look at how fat you are" or he would just stare at me as I ate. It was beginning to drive me crazy. One day we were going somewhere and I was in a hurry so when I dressed up I forgot to bring out the collar of my shirt. He screamed at me saying "look at how you are, are you a child?! Simply to bring out the collar of your shirt and look presentable you can't do. You look like a mess". I was fed up.

He was always talking about my friends. He would call them all sorts of names and act like he and his friends were better than mine. The day we broke up, I drove those 38 mins to go to his school because he asked me to do him a favor. When I got their he was mad at me over something. I drove him to the bank to do some transactions, then to the place where he took his test to get into the Navy. He was happy because he passed. I was happy for him. I drove back to his school and that's where we got into a huge argument. I was crying in public because of the insults he was raining on me. And you know what?? the tears didn't move him, it even caused him to rain more insults on me. he took a picture of me when I was crying and showed it to me and said "look how stupid you look when you're crying" and began laughing and he said he would save the pic to his phone for future reference. I was so hurt and shocked. I drove 38 mins from my school to his school to do him a favor with my gas and this is how he treats me. Smh, not only that, I was supposed to hang out with my friends that day, we were all supposed to go to the mall, but I neglected them to help him run his errands.

We didn't break up tho. After everything, I still forgave him and we drove back to my school. I had some leftover okro soup in my fridge and he ate it all without offering me any. Then I had one can of pineapples (I love pineapples) and I asked him to open it for me. He did and he ate it all. I offered me only a little bit of it but held it high in the sky and said to me "jump for it" knowing I'm not tall. I started jumping for the can of pineapples and he said "no wonder you're so fat, that's how you jump for food when people offer it to you". I stopped jumping. NEVER IN MY LIFE HAVE I BEEN SO HUMILIATED! I was mad, very mad, very very mad. So he finished my pineapples even though he say I was mad. And I wasn't talking to him, he got mad and said "take me back to my school", by this time I had already made up my mind that I was done with the relationship. I said "ok". I got in the car and he said "I hope you know this relationship is over", I said "I know, I agree it's over". I decided to tell him how rude and ugly of a person he was on the car ride there and he said "don't even tell me anything or else I will make you feel like shit". IN MY CAR AND HE WANTED TO MAKE ME FEEL LIKE SHIT IN MY CAR?! LOL!! I stopped him on a random gas station almost 30 mins away from his school and told him to get out my car. That was the last time I saw him. I don't regret leaving him stranded in the middle of nowhere.

LESSON OF THE STORY: Be careful who you date and get to really know the person before you jump into a relationship. Not all that glitters is gold.



2 comments:

  1. Ouch.. That was sad dear.. I wish you got to tell him how much of a douche he is. Glad you ended the relationship before the violence got physical. Very good of you to share something as personal as this.
    Laitanbee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete